Black Lives Matter Occupy Connection-Anarchy
By Antonio L Merrick:
Black Lives Matter Occupy Wall Street Connections
“No Solutions, Just Anarchy”
I have been studying cases of police brutality and the fatal use of force by law enforcement officers for years now. I have found that the real evidence is indisputable that police brutality and the fatal use of force by law enforcement officers do not stem from their contempt of the rule of law. Also, there is no evidence officers disregard human life based on race; however, it may be a result of pure incompetence of a few inept officers. There are simple ways to address those instances without completely disbanding law enforcement agencies around America. That was the goal of the Occupy movement, now they have a second chance, with a new identity and the complete support of government. But here are some solutions we should consider before disbanding our state, local and federal law enforcement agencies:
- Communities must put their foot down and decided their alliances. Will the communities continue to protect criminals within the community, or will they support local law enforcement? The no snitch mentality breads crime and black on black violence for an example. Also, this environment is known to attract child predators and the safety our young people should always come first.
- Community organizations and Churches should create a long term intimate relationship with their local police precinct. Community organizations, churches and police precincts should be an extension of each other. This is the only way to start building the trust.
- We should advocate for advanced training to included culture awareness, intercultural communications and mental health awareness training. Community base nonprofits that are not race base organizations should receive funding to help create this initiative.
- Officers should have to spend residency time at a mental health hospital and in the mental health unit of a correctional facility as part of becoming a sworn officer.
- Police departments should not be restricted of funding, ever.
- Local police Unions and even national police associations should make sure there are fully funded boys and girls scout chapters associated within troubled communities in their precincts or districts.
- Lastly, police departments should give extra hiring incentives like tuition reimbursement and hiring bonuses to attract residents from the local community. In addition, local police departments should also provide practice Police Officer Selection Test (POST) at their local precincts or community centers.
These are just a few examples of logical steps that could be taken to solve many of the issues in minority communities across America. Just like the Occupy Movement, once the Black Lives Matter movement is over, only the people and law enforcement will remain. My goal is to make sure there will be peace and calm after the storm.